Saturday 10 July 2010

BBC West Midlands

Catholic and loving it – James Preece on 30.6.2010

www.lovingit.co.uk

A couple of days ago I was contacted by a fellow from BBC West Midlands Radio who wanted to know if I would be willing to give the story on why the Birmingham 3 have been sent away.

This morning I appeared opposite Jack Valero who gave the usual nonsense about it being an internal matter - you know, because Catholic parishes are just like McDonalds and the way they treat their "staff" is not your concern.

Then there's this thing about the three needing time "to recover" - that's a new one.
Recover from what?

The simple fact is that if these three men have been sent away over internal disputes, seven weeks should be more than enough time to sort things out and the excuse is wearing thin.

Still, I'm pretty sure I heard Jack say that this is not permanent and the three will be coming back. That's good news - unless it's a lie.
Of course, he didn't say when.